Help Planning Travel & Holidays
Got a question about where you are travelling to? Below are some great websites that may help you to find an answer. Reduce some of the stress of travel or lay some fears to rest and take a look at the pages which feature tips on everything from money and medical care through to conversion tables and government travel tips.
Information for Travellers and Holidaymakers
- A section dedicated to making your travel money go further.
- Find out what the current exchange rate is.
- How to get a better deal and avoid extra charges.
- Where to find Visa and Mastercard machines abroad.
- Lastly a couple of firms who consistently offer excellent currency exchange rates.
Electricity and Language Translation
- Find which electrical plug is used in your holiday country.
- Need an email or letter translating or want to send a letter in a foreign language?
- Confused by celsius or flumoxed by fahrenheit? All the conversion you need to make sure that temperature, volume, weight, distance or area are in familiar units.
Climate, Weather & Time Zones
- Essential holiday planning tools.
- Don't take more than you need. Plan and pack for the weather you're likely to get.
- Avoid going at the 'wrong' time of year. Do you want to give the monsoon season a miss? Is summer hot is going to be summer too hot?
- Check todays weather worldwide.
- Look at the long term forcast.
Maps & Mapping
- An amazing selection of travel & holiday planning tools.
- Locate places.
- Plan routes with time, distance, fuel, tolls, rest stops, speed cameras and more.
- Print maps.
- Swap to satelite imagery then zoom in and look around.
- Find streets and buildings.
Embassies & Security Advice
- Country by country advice including the latest assessments of security and terrorism.
- What date does your passport expire? Some countries need you to have at least 3 months before expiry.
- Do you need Visas?
- You should keep a note of the contact details for your countries embassy - just in case!
- National tourist offices around the world for information and advice.
- Whether you want the election results or the football results you can stay in touch.
- What's on and where to avoid.
- Reliable world web news in an easy to use format.
- If your out in the sticks and reliant on a radio. Check out the World Service times and frequencies.
- Information on common travel and holiday health concerns.
- This section is aimed and ensuring that your travel or holiday is enjoyed not just survived!
- A few simple timely precautions can save months of pain.
- Special interest groups.
- Stay in touch using internet cafes.
- Other travellers.
- Other information.
- Low cost flights.
- Rail travel.
- Car hire.
- Underground & subways.
- Some of the clubs and magazines specifically for travellers.
- Some of the aid organisations and NGO's working overseas.
- Some organisations concerned about protection of our planet.
Safariquip is a partner of:
- In association with the ‘Know Before You Go’ Campaign, we are working with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) to do all that we can to help British travellers stay safe overseas. Before you go overseas, check out the FCO website at www.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo It is packed with essential travel advice and tips, and up-to-date country information.