Rab Altus Vest Womens
- Our Price
The Altus Vest is filled with Cirrus insulation, the first synthetic to be as good as down in terms of its warmth for weight. It's thin enough to wear as a mid layer under a jacket, ultra-light and amazingly warm. Because the Cirrus doesn't absorb water easily and continues to loft if damp the Altus will still keep you warm if it gets wet, and of course this means you can wash it easily. Cirrus is also very resistant to breaking, so you can squash the jacket up small many times without damaging the fibres' ability to trap air and keep you warm. It crushes down into its own pocket so takes up no space in your rucksack (or coat pocket?). Hardly any bulk or weight, lots of warmth, a really practical winter gilet.
- Who should use it - and why
- For anyone who wants warmth without much weight or bulk, use it either as a layering piece or on its own.
- Cirrus insulation, as warm as 600 fill power down
- Windproof Pertex Quantum outer
- Very lightweight, only 260g (UK size 12)
- Long lasting and wash resistant
- Keeps its warmth even when wet
- Full length YKK zip
- 2 zipped hand pockets
- One zipped internal pocket
- Stuffs into its own pocket
- Hem drawcord