Rab Ascent Down Jacket Wms
- Our Price
The warmest thing since the last supernova! Rab's down is ethically sourced from Polish ducks, which have evolved to fend off the bitter winters of the steppes. An additional benefit is that the down isn't air freighted, so gets less compressed in transit and therefore lofts better. The Ascent is filled with 300g of 650+ fill power down and has a Pertex Endurance outer which is windproof and water-resistant to keep off the worst of the weather. In addition the down itself is treated to repel water so retains its loft even in rain! The close-fitting detachable hood has a wired peak and an easy-to-use drawstring which runs through sewn-in loops to prevent the toggles flapping about in a high wind and hitting you in the face, a thoughtful touch. There are two zipped hand pockets on the outside and another internal one, as well as a double zip and a drawstring at the hem to prevent draughts blowing up. The narrower baffles on the shoulders hold the down in position and prevent cold spots developing. An ideal down jacket for Scottish winter conditions, Alpine climbing, Ski touring or just general cold weather use. Oh, and now it's a new even nicer rich purple colour.
- Who should use it - and why
- Great warmth for weight, small pack size and weather-resistant. Ideal for winter conditions, alpine climbing, ski touring or just general cold weather use. Now with Hydrophobic Down!
- Fill weight 300g of 650+ fill power European duck down
- Hydrophobic Down repels water so lofts even in rain
- Weather-resistant Pertex Endurance outer shell
- Fixed hood with wired peak
- Two zipped hand pockets and one internal pocket
- Double zip
- Narrow shoulder baffles to stabilise down
- 615g total weight