Sprayway Styx Waterproof Jacket
- Our Price
What do you want from your waterproof jacket? You want it to keep the rain out for a start, and the Styx is more than three times the UK standard for waterproof so fine there. You want it to be breathable so that you don't get too sweaty going uphill, and again it performs well. For a summer jacket you want it to be light and packable, as you (hopefully) won't be wearing it continuously, and here the Styx scores highly, weighing only 500g - not at the cutting edge of technology but well ahead of the average. It has the features you expect on a good hill jacket - wired peak, adjustable hood, decent sized pockets which will take an OS map, and enough length to keep your backside covered. One of those products with nothing unusual or flashy about it but a well designed and well made waterproof jacket that covers all the bases and will do a reliable job at a good price.
- Who should use it - and why
- Summer hillwalkers will like this for its light weight and packability, but it will also work well in winter when teamed with a fleece.
- Hydro/dry breathable waterproof membrane
- Full length zip with storm flap
- Mesh/taffeta lining
- Two large zipped hand pockets
- Hood rolls into collar
- Wired peak and volume adjuster
- Hem drawcord
- Stuff sack included
- Medium length (back 74cm)
- Weight 500g (UK size large)