Rab Vapour-rise Flex Jacket
- Our Price
A regular hillwalker known to us was packing for a trip, held up his Vapour-rise Flex jacket and asked his wife "Why am I taking this?" and got the reply "Because you wear it all the time!" He does, as do many outdoor people we know, because it's an incredibly versatile piece of kit. It's water and wind resistant, ultra light and has wicking abilities second to none. The Flex is a tweak on the original design, adding stretchy side panels to get a neater fit, which should benefit runners and cyclists. Many people will use the VR Flex as a stand alone top for high energy use, but it also works as a comfortable mid layer for hillwalking and general use. It does everything that a fleece does but at a small fraction of the weight, and with the added benefits of its excellent weather resistance thrown in. As good a piece of kit as we've ever stocked.
- Who should use it - and why
- Runners and cyclists love Vapour-rise for its tremendous breathability and light weight, but mountain walkers will benefit from these qualities too.
- Pertex Equilibrium fabric, breathes superbly in any conditions
- Wind and water resistant
- Very lightweight (only 250g UK size medium)
- Fast wicking microfleece liner is soft next to the skin
- Stretchy side/underarm panels for a comfortable fit
- One external zipped chest pocket
- One internal zipped chest pocket, doubles as stuff sack
- Adjustable hem drawstring
- YKK zip with internal storm flap and chin guard
- Semi elasticated cuffs
- Reflective trim