Mountain Equipment Mountain Mitt
- Our Price
Mitts are always warmer than gloves as your fingers get to warm each other up, and these score pretty well on that point. The fleecy inner surface gives a warm feel from the start and the narrow stretchy cuffs seal heat in well. Mountain Equipment's Drilite Extreme membrane is excellent on waterproofing too (the same HH rating as most Gore-tex). The outer surface is pretty tough anyway, but the palms and inner surface of the thumb are reinforced to give extra abrasion resistance and good grip on a trekking pole or ice axe. We can vouch that it copes well in both cases as we love these and use them a lot.
- Mountain Equipment
- Who should use it - and why
- A warm and waterproof mitt designed for easy mountaineering but that will do the job well for casual hillwalkers too.
- Waterproof breathable DriLite Extreme
- 20,000mm Hydrostatic Head
- Abrasion resistant 500D nylon shell
- Warm fleece liner
- Knitted cuffs
- Tough Suregrip palm
- Toggle drawcord closure
- Elasticated wrist