Rab Ascent Down Jacket
- Our Price
When the temperatures plummet, snow falls, and winter attempts to push you back indoors put on your Ascent! An insulated yet lightweight jacket designed for winter walking, travelling and trekking. Excellent warmth is provided by a 650 fill of European duck down, the down is sourced ethically and as such provides older more developed (and WARMER) down in comparison to down sourced from young ducks and geese. This is Hydrophobic Down that resists water absorbtion and hence still lofts when damp. This not only means that it will stil keep you warm if caught out in the rain but is also washable and faster drying. The Pertex Endurance outer will keep the wind out and is highly rain resistant and breathable not to mention very durable. The down filled hood with wire peak and chin guard is especially cosy when the wind is attempting to pummel your ears and send chills down your neck you can draw it right in and walk on into the blizzard unscathed. Whether you are planning a Scottish winter trip, a bit of ski touring or simply want to walk the dog in toasty comfort the Ascent will not let you down, no pun intended.
- Who should use it - and why
- For walkers, travellers and those who struggle to stay warm in winter! The Ascent is a down filled, durable weather resistant jacket that keeps winter out and warmth in. Now with Hydrophobic Down too!
- Fill weight 330g of 650 fill power European duck down
- Hydrophobic Down still lofts well in wet conditions
- Weather-resistant Pertex Endurance outer shell
- Helmet-compatible hood with wired peak
- Two zipped fleece lined hand pockets and one zipped internal pocket
- Double zip
- 705g total weight (UK size large)
- Stuff Sack