Lifesystems GeoNet Free Standing Mosquito Net
- Our Price
The Lifesystems Geonet Free Standing Mosquito Net uses an ultra fine mesh netting to prevent insects getting at you. It has a simple dome design to boost the amount of head room available and uses two lightweight collapsible aluminium poles. No support points are needed and it is ready to use in seconds. Features include a built in waterproof ground sheet and a zipped entry. Perfect for backpackers, the whole mosquito net folds neatly into its own stuff sack.
By far the best mosquito net ever! I go to rural areas in West and East Africa for work and it is perfect. Easy to set up, quite light, sturdy, and keeps mozzies away. It also protects me from other creepy crawlies in the places I stay (sometimes inside, sometimes outside) e.d. bed bugs, cockroaches, rats and mice. I've had mine for quite a few years now (over 10 trips using it for a 2-3 weeks each time) and it is only now showing signs of wear and tear. By far my favourite piece of fieldwork equipment!
This is a great piece of kit !
I've been using it on and off for over a year now, in Africa.
My job takes me to the bush on a regular basis and this net is a godsend.
Its easy to set up, equally as easy to take down and folds away into it's stuff sack with no problems.
Its light and ties on to the side of a backpack so it doesn't take up room inside.
Worth every penny, and will definitely be buying another one when this one wears out.
- Who should use it - and why
- Ideally suited to expeditions and travellers going places where conventional nets are not easy to put up. Full enclosure provides protection from things that crawl as well as fly. Can be used indoors or out. It's basically a tent with net walls.
- Protects against midge, sandfly and mosquitoes
- Exceeds WHO netting spec. with 1001 holes per square inch
- Free standing
- Built-in waterproof groundsheet
- Fully enclosed space
- Durable aluminium poles
- EX8 anti-mosquito treated
- Treatment life is approximately 2 years or 20 washes
- Weight: approx 1.3 kg
- Packs into a stuff bag (supplied)
- Size (approx): 215L x 75H x 90W cm
- Size (packed): 37cm length x 11 cm dia