Scrambles in the Dark Peak
- Our Price
This guide will give you lots of great ideas to spice up a day out in the northern Peak, mainly but not exclusively up the gullies, streams & cloughs of Kinder Scout, Bleaklow & the Chew Valley. Many of these routes also make excellent easy winter climbs (up to Grade III) and there are several winter-only routes in places like Mam Tor, Back Tor & Alport Castles. Plenty of the routes link together to give a fun longer day out and even those who know the Peak well will find some new possibilities here.
- Who should use it - and why
- A guide for adventurous hillwalkers and climbers looking to add a little adventure to a day out in the Peak.
- 41 adventurous routes into the Dark Peak moors
- 38 summer scrambles up streams and rocky ridges
- 38 easy winter climbs up to Grade III
- Covers the Chew Valley, Bleaklow & Kinder, with outlying routes on the Roaches and on limestone
- Illustrated with OS map extracts & photographs
- Many suggested ways of linking up routes to get a longer day out
- Clearly described approach routes