High Peak Walks
- Our Price
Containing 23 of the most impressive walks in the area, this extensive guide features walks in the Easternand Western edges, including Derwent Edge, Win Hill, Stanage and the Roaches. The chapter on Kinder Scout includes 7 walks, taking you as far as Chinley or as near as Edale. For the more experienced walker this book includes the famous Marsden to Edale walk, the classic moorland trek over Black Hill, Bleaklow & Kinder - all the three highest points in the Peak in a day.
- Who should use it - and why
- Ideal as an introduction if you are new to the area and are looking for some spectacular walks that are easy to follow and do not need serious navigation equipment.
- 23 walks of 5 to 12 miles.
- Background information on the landscape, natural history and geology of the region.
- Illustrated with the author's own artwork
- Part of Cicerone's 3 part series guide to the Peak District.