Security Tips for travellers
What is the best way to protect your valuables whilst you are on holiday? Most theft on foreign holidays is opportunism. A few simple precautions can save you from becoming an easy target.
Tips for better Holiday Security
Some easy to apply tips to help prevent theft while on holiday.
Most theft on foreign holidays is opportunism. A few simple precautions can save you from being an easy target.
- Keep a low profile. Don't flaunt jewellery or watches.
- Keep bags in view and in contact. Bags left under tables or slung over the back of a chair make easy targets, as do valuables left by an open window.
- Avoid keeping all your valuables in one place.
- Leave unneeded valuables in a hotel safe if possible.
- Keep a separate record of serial numbers, travellers cheque and passport numbers and local contact numbers for your embassy.
Many of the risks of travel theft can be prevented using Pacsafe travel security products. They help prevent bags, cases and rucksacks from being tampered with, slashed or stolen. High value items like laptop computers, wallets and confidential documents can be secured. Money, passports and jewelry can be carried safe from 'slit pockets' in wire reinforced money belts and neck wallets.
Pacsafe high quality travel security products including money belts and wallets, security and laptop security pouches, available online and delivered world-wide.
Bags slashed, packs rummaged, drugs planted, laptop computers and briefcases stolen, cash, cards and passports taken ... foil the people who might ruin your holiday.